The Lomonosov Moscow State University’s Center for International Education offers two options for taking the course "e-Learning Russian through Mass Media":
- academic credit option (with a certificate from the Center for international Education)
- non-credit, independent study
Upon successful completion of the course "e-Learning Russian through Mass Media" students receive a certificate from Center of International Education, Lomonsov Moscow State University. In order to receive this certificate, a student must study with a tutor for 4 months (96 academic hours) and complete a standard academic program that is made of
56 academic hours (4 hours per week)
- self study (completion of twelve lessons from the textbook Russia on the Air & writing fourays on topics chosen from the lessons);
32 academic hours (2 hours per week)
- error correction and responses to the distance tutor’s comments
- completion of additional grammatical and lexical exercise
- entrance / placement test
- tutoring over Skype
8 academic hours
- completion of the entrance tests and final exam, concluding unit test with a score a minimum of 75%.
The certificate program is equivalent to three academic semester credits.